Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BINOY MAJUMDAR TRANSLATION 2



As If Some Voices

Binoy Majumdar

As if, some voices are speaking, perhaps.
Watching intently all the things I do,
They are reproducing all of it ceaselessly.
After writing upto this point, I hear them saying
That I hear and see properly, I have understood by myself.

In such a way I am dealing with poetry.
All those strange young men have gone away, I feel.
It is afternoon and a cup of tea is badly needed.
Let me go and fetch it, telling Buchi about the tea
After returning from Buchi’s house, I am writing
Once again on the page of this exercise book.
This poem has become quite a physical phenomena.
As Buchi is not in her house, I have told her elder daughter
To make me some tea. Let me then go to Ranjit’s shop at least.

No comments: