Sunday, May 4, 2014

Burning on and on all night long (Song by Kabir Suman, Translation: Arka Chattopadhyay)


*

Burning on and on all night long
Grey bluish, my star, alit
Grace a shade of her colour dearest
Bless a gleam of her light please

*

Perhaps no glowworm to warm my city
Perhaps, could bend on that blue fire, had it ever been
All that had never been, never is
What if that everything remains unattained?
Let it be!

Grace the colour of unattaining my dear
Bless the dear light, unattaining

*

Oh all too pale these days and nights
Can’t find a dear colour around me
Can’t give you anything

Nothing could I bring into colour, otherwise
Would have dipped in future’s light, not to be
This pale grey, my way I seek

Grace a shade of this, my longing
Blessing the dear light, unattaining
Grace the future’s gleam my dear

Grace the future’s gleam

No comments: