Sunday, June 7, 2015

Light Walk

Shuffling steps of fluid flow 
Cities talk to one another at the dead of night
And lights open unforeseen petals on homeless streets 
The desire to walk across terrains enters the stomach 
Like a fluid that speaks and yet doesn't know how to hear.


The city keeps cozying in as the sleeping bus gurgles stillness 
To walk back home in the chalk light of the moon 
After the spectacularly Vivid animations of light 
My faint footfalls moving from installation to constellation 
And to think that the bucket of horizon will soon be full!


There's light in friends' faces--a light that passes through time
As much as time passes through light and vivifies it.

[This is a poem I wrote from last night's (June 6, 2015) exploration of Sydney Vivid festival and so on. I dedicate it to my friends Mitchell StroiczMary Van Gils and Steffen Herff who were my lovely companions and to all my old friends who came back to me during my return. Through this poem, I trace my journey back home after our collective revels. After company, there's always a residue of solitude.]

No comments: